Caffeine First

Thursday, June 09, 2005

My mind is so full

I had one of the most depressing conversations with my mother. Actually, I take that back, because she can be pretty hilarious sometimes. For example, here is a snippet of one of her "motivational" talks she sometimes gives me:

Cynthia: (jokingly) You know, it's going to be hard for me to find a job this summer. Maybe there's something for me to do at your work?
Mom: We already hired somebody from San Jose State. Also, I've recently heard that there are a lot of college graduates that can't find jobs after they graduate. I think if you don't get experience now, you're not going to be able to find a job after you graduate, unless you decide you go to graduate school.
Cynthia: Wait, I was kidding about the job thing!
Mom: (ignoring me, as always) You know, those poor college grads, with no job... I've heard that they get really depressed. I don't want that to happen to you, but it probably will
Cynthia: Uh, is this supposed to be motivational?

It really scares me that in a few years I'm supposed to shed off all remaining childish characteristics and enter into the real world. Sadly, I'm really not very adult-like. The below picture is proof of my inner-child.

That photo was taken just this past Sunday. Leave it to Disney to design such a fabulous "Stitch-ate-my-head" hat. Tracy claims that the hat is ridiculous, but I say that it's genius. I mean seriously, how many Disney engineers spent their lives creating this masterpiece? I'd say at least one. Or zero.

I also need to thank Tracy for talking about Entourage so much that I actually watched it. I love Jeremy Piven, if he were six-inches tall I'd kidnap him and keep him in my backpack. Adrian Grenier's hair drives me crazy. Get it get it get it?!?! Fine, you don't get it. It's all right.

OMFG SO CUTE! ALL OF THEM (except for the two ugly ones)!!

1 Comments:

  • ENTOURAGE ROX UR SOX. I'm sorry, sometimes the fannish impulses in me completely consume the ability to verbally articulate myself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home